
Ok, so this is not actually my bump, but it's more or less what it FEELS like, as if a little baby kick is going to come right out the side of me. . . (and I'd say it looks about this big now too)
Our little one is now 29 weeks along. Only about 2 and a half months left! It's racing by. I'm still working and saving up for a summer off, and still in reasonably great shape. My ankles are still swollen, but I'm wearing some pretty snazzy compression stockings to keep the fluid in check. I am fortunate enough to get my feet up at work as well.
The belly is now measuring 44inches around!!!! And my weight gain at this point is right on target for "Normal" if there is such a thing in pregnancy. This kid LOVES music. Every time I have the radio on or there's music on TV the baby dances. It was really having a ball in there while the sound of music was on last Friday night. I also started to do kick counts, which is counting how long it takes the baby to kick or move 10 times. I've given up entirely. Bump is constantly on the move, so I have no fear of not making the suggested time frame of 2 hours. It actually moves about 10 times in 2 minutes sometimes. I'm not sure if he or she will come out and instantly become the youngest member of the US gymnastics team or actually be born with Irish dance shoes on it's wee little feet. Perhaps both! The nurses at Tufts told me the baby is SO responsive that it is behaving like a 32 week old baby at 28 weeks! hopefully that doesn't mean he or she will make an appearance 4 weeks early!
The verdict is still 50/50 Tom & Mom think it will be a boy and Dad and I think girl. Many of my friends and folks I've met think it's a boy, but there's just a gut feeling this little one is going to be my little girl. We will all be over joyed either way. It is such an exciting time for us all and we are thankful to be able to share this experience with all of you as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment