I've finally stopped working 60 hour weeks. I cut back to 53 hours this week and with some schedule readjustments may even be down to 40 next week! I also had this morning off. It was the first week day morning in ages and got tons of errands done. Which I know doesn't really mean I'm slowing down, but I'm feeling good anyway.
The weather is getting better, and I'm getting bigger still. Complete strangers are now saying, "God bless you both." when I sneeze. Seasonal allergies have begun. And people in church are saying peace be with you (shaking my hand) and you too (touching the bump).
So spring time this year is bringing a lot of "NEW" to our lives. We'll clearly have the birth of our new baby, but even before then, I've experienced a lot of new as well. We have new experiences ahead with our wonderful niece Aoife who will be arriving from Dublin on the 10th of May. New decorations for the baby's room, new gadgets and gizmos to learn how to use for baby. I have a new shoe size! I've grown from a 7 to an 8.5! And, as my Doctor has recommended I wear sneakers all the time for support and compression of my swolen ankles, I have new sneakers! Fashion is now becoming a new game of will-this-fit-me-today? And I also, knowing that my feet won't magically return to a size 7, softened the blow of becoming big foot by getting my self a fabulous pair of size 8 gold (but very supportive and easy to slip on with baby in hand) floral sandals for the spring/summer... They may very well be the last nice NEW thing mommy gets her self for a long time.
So in the spirit of spring: here's to new life, new shoes and everything that blossoms for us all in the weeks ahead!
No comments:
Post a Comment